Friday, November 2, 2012

Happy Halloween!

One of my favorite things about being a new mom is the many firsts that we have as a family.  This week was Anne's first Halloween and she took part in all of the festivities.  Over the past couple of months, Mrs. Gladys has been making Anne's first costume as a tiny bumble bee.  It turned out super cute!  While I was out of town, Mrs. Gladys and Mr. Norman took Anne to the LIVESTRONG Foundation so that she could trick or treat with the other kids.  She was a bit fussy, but to no one's surprise, she fell in love with Devon.  I received a lot of sweet emails and texts from co-workers telling me how cute she was and I'm glad that she was able to participate. 

Wednesday was Halloween.  I left work early to head home and get ready.  Growing up in Sardis, Alabama, we didn't have trick or treaters, so I don't really know the protocol.  Matt picked on me because I was ready to hit the neighborhood at 5:30.  Apparently, you don't actually leave until dusk; however, Anne goes to bed at 6:30 so we compromised and left at 6. 

We also stopped by Jon and Mindy's house to see Travis, but had to return home since Anne was exhausted and screaming.

After getting Anne ready for bed, we came downstairs to help Matt hand out candy to all of the adorable kids.  (Side note: kids like to over share at Halloween as well.  I laughed at a lot of random things the kids said to us.)

It was a fun evening and I can't wait until next year when we can walk around the neighborhood with Anne. 

Trick or treating at the Foundation

Tiny bumble bee

Ready to hit the neighborhood

Handing out candy to the kids


3 comments: