Monday, November 12, 2012

More on Alabama

Our trip to Alabama was a lot of fun.  When I arrived on Friday evening, Shea, Mackenzie and Anne picked me up and we ran a few errands.  It was so great to see each of them and give my sweet girl hugs and kisses.  Throughout the course of the week, Shea texted/emailed me pictures of their adventures with Anne and I was starting to worry that they never put clothes on her after most of the pictures I received were of Anne sans clothes.

Both Shea and Bubba were quick to tell me that their time with Anne confirmed that they are not having any more children.  It seems that having a baby around changes things.

Mary Alise stopped by on Saturday morning for a quick visit and we were able to catch up a bit in person before she hit the road to see her baby girl, Lily.  Afterwards, I agreed to go to the Auburn tailgate for the Auburn/Georgia game.  Mom and Jim watched Anne while we were there.  Unfortunately, the Alabama/Texas A&M game was at the time and I have to admit I would have much rather watched the game with my Aggie-loving husband rather than with a bunch of Bama-hating Auburn fans.  Sigh...

I didn't even have to be near a television to know that the game was not going well.  The chants and cheers from my family and Matt were constant, but I instead wanted to focus on what was important, Auburn's inevitable loss to Georgia.

Shea and I didn't go to the game and went home to pick up Anne and tuck her in bed.  We tried to be good Samaritans and help out Shea's neighbor, but after jumping over a fence and getting stuck on my attempt to crawl back over, we found out that their house did not need our help.  The broken pool pump, or what Shea thought to be broken, was fine and as soon as we were inside Shea's house, the neighbors made it home.  I can only imagine what they would have thought if they drove up and I was stuck on their privacy fence.

Sunday, Mom and Jim drove Anne and I to the airport and helped me check all of the luggage.  I am incredibly grateful for their help because I have no idea how I would have managed otherwise.  Overall, I would like to admit that I am becoming quite the pro when traveling with Anne and can efficiently break down a stroller and hold a baby.  When we arrived at the gate, I learned that our flight was delayed an hour so Anne and I watched the planes and she flirted with the man sitting next to me.

After getting on the plane, the nicest thing happened to us.  A woman gave us her first class seat.  It was incredibly generous and the extra room was just what we needed.  I can only wish that I would have thought to do the same when I received those few upgrades, but if I am upgraded again, I hope to repay the favor.

We made it home with out any major problems and found the house decorated in Aggie swag.  Ugh.  Life with an Aggie is hard right now.

Here are a few pictures from Anne's trip to Alabama



No comments:

Post a Comment