Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Swim Time!

On Sunday, Matt and I took Anne to our neighborhood pool in hopes of distracting her from whatever was causing her to be fussy.  We recently moved into a neighborhood and have been looking forward to having access to a nearby pool. 

After putting on Anne's swim diaper, swimsuit and covering her from head to toe in sunscreen, we were pool ready.  Anne has always enjoyed playing in water and we recently bought her a float that has a canopy to keep the sun off of her as best as we can.

She enjoyed her time in the water and it was so cute to watch her kick her little legs around as Matt and I pushed her in the water.  After 30 minutes or so, she had reached her limit in the pool and we headed back to the house so that she could rest.

We recently signed her up for swim classes at the Y and I have to admit I'm pretty excited about it.  The classes start in September and parents are in the water with the children.  I can't wait to see how she does and hopefully she will love the water as much as Matt and I do.  I grew up with a pool in my backyard and really didn't know anything other than life in the water and know that my dad would be proud of Anne as she becomes a tiny fish or "shrimp" as her class is called.

1 comment:

  1. I just know little lady baby will be a great swimmer! I can't wait to splash around with her!

    ReplyDelete