Monday, August 13, 2012

Feeling Sentimental

As I fought back tears in Buy Buy Baby yesterday, I was forced to realize that my baby girl is getting bigger and it's happening faster than I would like.

All of this made me stop and think about how very special our evenings with her are and how much I want to remember every precious moment.

To help with that, I am going to use this blog update to share what our evening routine consists of each day.

Around 6:30 we feed Anne some delicious puréed baby delights. Right now she is eating sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, peas, prunes, pears or bananas.



After hosing her off, it is bath time. She loves when we pour water on her and tries to help. She then puts the cup in her mouth and kicks and splashes around. 


 
Then we head to her changing pad to get her ready for bed. Where we have to ongoing battle to put her diaper on as she tries to put her foot in her mouth. 


Afterwards, we give her the final bottle for the day.  I will read her two books and play her a song.  Right now, we are listening to Tupelo Honey by Van Morrison, Flower by Amos Lee or Wonderful by My Morning Jacket.  Of course, I need to introduce her to MMJ.  

Finally, it's time for bed.  We put her in her sleep sack and say good night, which usually results in one final smile from this sweet girl, a few minutes of cooing and then she rolls onto her side. 


Each of these moments mean so much to me and I want to cherish every single one of them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment