Sunday, July 7, 2013

A Lesson from Coco Chanel

Anne and all of her jewelry

Our sweet girl loves jewelry.  She loves it so much that I'm unable to put it on until I leave the house, otherwise, she'll practically choke me or pull my earrings trying to get her hands on whatever I'm wearing.

As I see little touches of her personality developing, it's amazing to watch and think how she's becoming her own little person.  A little girl with likes, dislikes, thoughts and feelings.  Some of these things I love and others, not so much.  However, I'm excited to see the person she becomes one day.

Until then, I could live without the shaking of the head when I try to get her to sit in a high chair or a stroller.

A few weeks ago, Mrs. Gladys gave Anne a set of Mardi Gras beads.  Instead of choosing one or two strands to wear, she, of course, wore them all.  That afternoon I tried to explain to Anne that Coco Chanel said a lady should take off the last accessory she put on.  In the case of Anne's necklace selection that afternoon, she should have taken off the last 10 accessories.

My girl loves jewelry and is starting to love shoes.  I can only think that we named her after the right person.

Pappy and Pearls, what more does a girl need?


No comments:

Post a Comment