Saturday, June 8, 2013

Dallas Road Trip

Last weekend, Anne and I drove to Dallas so that we could see my Uncle Sam and Aunt Anne and I could attend a bridal shower for my friend, Katie.

Katie and I lived together while I was in New York.  She's the daughter of one of my aunt's dear friend and was in need of a roommate the summer that I was interning in the City.  Although we didn't meet until the day I moved in, it worked out perfectly and I'm so glad that we've kept in touch all of these years.  Actually, I moved to New York 10-years ago this weekend.  It was a wonderful summer and I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to do something so incredibly special.

When we got to Dallas, baby Anne and Sam quickly became pals.  She sat in his lap and walked up to him asking him to hold her.  It was incredibly sweet to see the two of them together.  She loved Aunt Anne as well and I think the jewelry Anne wore helped them to become fast friends as well.  Aunt Anne also pulled out some of her childhood blocks for Anne to play with.

Sam graciously, our should I say, bravely, agreed to babysit while Anne and I went to the shower.  I had no doubt that Sam would do a great job; however, I was worried that Anne would be fussy and he would have his hands full.  While we were away, they grabbed lunch, went for a stroller ride and played.  When I got home, we all needed another nap after being so busy.

Sunday, I was sad to leave the two of them.  We had such a wonderful time and they mean so much to me.  I'm so grateful for their support and love.  I just wish that I could get to Dallas more often.  I know we'll back soon for the wedding, but hope to squeeze in another trip before then.

Thanks for a wonderful weekend, Sam and Anne.  We love you!

***It should not surprise anyone that I didn't take pictures, but next time, I will capture some of the sweet snuggles between baby Anne, Sam and Anne.

1 comment: