Friday, September 7, 2012

Ceramics Fun

Today, Mrs. Gladys arranged for Sarah and I to take the girls to her friends ceramics studio to make a plate using the girls hand and foot prints.  My last time to paint ceramics was on our honeymoon and I learned that while I don't necessarily enjoy it, Matt certainly does.

However, this time I was excited about the chance to do something like this with Anne, Mrs. Gladys, Sarah and Caroline.

Our goal was to make a plate for Santa's cookies using a image I found on Pinterest.

When we arrived, Mrs. Gladys' friend, Stephanie, told us that she would like to try something new with us.  She rolled out clay and made molds using their feet.  After that, we picked colors for her to paint the molds after they set or kiln or whatever happens next.  No surprise, Sarah and I chose pink. 

Afterwards, we got started on the plate project.  Anne was a great sport the whole time.  After Stephanie put their foot prints on the plates, Sarah and I painted the rims and added the stars and trunks to the trees.

Here's the plate after I painted it.  We'll go back in a week to pick them up.  I can't wait to see them and use this plate every Christmas.  What a fun way to remember how tiny her feet were!


As I mentioned earlier, Matt enjoys things like this and I'm scoping out this place for a future birthday party for him.  Booze and ceramics, that's every guys dream party, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment