Thursday, January 10, 2013

Resolutions

For the past few years, a group of friends and I have set personal and group goals each January. To hold ourselves accountable, we meet monthly to review our progress. It's something I've come to enjoy and appreciate the support and reminders of things I need to do.

This year, I am working on a better me. After a year of focusing on family, I want to make sure I take time for myself by spending extra time to cook a healthy meal and also have a regular workout routine. I've also learned a thing or two about myself and realize I do well in sticking to these things when participating in some sort of challenge or group event. Starting this Saturday, I will be a part of "I Am Crossfit" an 8-week challenge that will push me to follow a paleo food plan and participate in regular crossfit workouts.

Tomorrow night, I am attending our goal setting meeting and on Saturday, we have our benchmark workout. 400 meter run, 15 pull-ups and 7 hang power cleans at 65 pounds. Ill complete this workout again at the end of the challenge to see if my time improves.

I hope that in 8-weeks you'll see a stronger and leaner me. Just in time for a girls trip to the Dominican where I am certain to spend a week eating, drinking and lounging.

No comments:

Post a Comment