Sunday, February 10, 2013

Halfway Mark

In early January I wrote about resolutions that I set for the year, one of which is successfully completing "I Am Crossfit".  Well, I've completed 4 weeks of more than a 90% paleo diet and 4 workouts per week.  I'm down 9 pounds and am extremely proud of myself.  Matt and my friends have been incredibly supportive throughout and have to admit the first half went by faster than I expected.  I am hopeful that the remaining time goes by just as quickly; however, I do believe I'm developing habits that I plan to sustain.  I can tell a tremendous difference in how I sleep (when Matt's snoring doesn't wake me) and am in another pair of pre-
Anne jeans. 

Yesterday, I attended the "I Am Crossfit" skills workshop.  We worked in groups with coaches in learning how to improve our run, kettlebell form, pullups, handstand push ups and hang power cleans.  Of all of these skills, I am most confident with the kettlebell and owe that to all of the time I spent in kettlebell class with Devon and Randal, our coach.  Randal was incredibly supportive while I was pregnant and affectionately nicknamed Anne the "quarter pood baby" after she was born.  A pood is a Russian unit of measure weighing around 32 pounds, I think. 

During the handstand push up practice, I pulled something in my shoulder/neck area.  It didn't help when I then continued to practice and I was stiff yesterday.  This morning, I had another team workout and immediately could tell I was hurt.  My coaches were great in modifying the workout; however, I pushed myself and now I can't really move my neck.  I'm a mess and am sure it will all be fine after I get to see Dr. Jill.  I'm just hoping that I can see her before I leave for Chicago. 

Perhaps the cold temps will help to ice it down naturally.


No comments:

Post a Comment